Year 3, Number 3

Like her sister, there is a special pearl necklace I let Gracie wear for birthday photos every year.  
The quick smiles... the baby teeth... the soft curls -- it's a time to appreciate qualities that are so familiar they could otherwise be overlooked. As her mother, I'm fortunate to have a front row seat to  see her learn and grow.  
In the middle of the night I can distinguish between an "I'm sick" cry, an "I dropped my Taggie (baby blanket)" cry, and an "I had a bad dream" cry before I've opened my eyes.

When I take Gracie's pearls pics, I try to slow down and catch a glimpse of her spirit and beauty at the age.  This year I think I accomplished just that.

-3-



She turned 3 last September so these are really late. Before we jump in, here are a few favorites from past years:

-1-


-18 Months-


-2- 


 -And again, here we are at 3-


It's been a big year for the baby of the family.  While she's always been surrounded by people who love and care for her, she's had many new experiences and met lots of new people as well.


Through it all she's never hidden exactly who she is:

Playful,



Affectionate,


Imaginative,
(She's talking to her imaginary birdies here -- they live on her shoulders.)


  Strong-Willed,


Cheeky*


And never ceasing to find the beauty in a moment.


Even with everything we've done in the past year, Grace has made is clear that she isn't to be overlooked; although she's the smallest member of the family, she just might have the biggest personality. 

I guess we have a few traits in common, 
because I can easily find the beauty in that.

*cheeky -- adjective, BRITISH
     showing a lack of politeness or respect in a way that is amusing or appealing (AKA "a Stinker")



Comments