Little June Turns 8

Just before JD and I were married, my soon-to-be mother-in-law took me to a department store and bought me a set of pearls.  
Even though they bought them for me, my in-laws would call me "June Cleaver" when I wore them -- all in the name of good-natured teasing.
Valerie, my mother-in-law, died 3 years later, and 5 years after that we had our first daughter.
Starting when she was 6 months old, I began photographing Katie wearing the pearls that would one day become hers.  I know Valerie would be incredibly proud of her, and would encourage me to keep taking her "Little June" pictures.  So, this morning when we awoke to a dusting of snow, Katelyn Valerie raced to put together an outfit that represents her this year.  And here we are.

-8-

Before you see the rest of this year's photos, here is one "Little June" pic from each of her previous ages:

-6 Months-

-1-

-18 Months-

-2-

-3-

-4-

-5- 

 -6-

-7-

-And again, here we are at 8-  


Katie is exactly the same person she has always been:

Strong,

 Sensitive,

Adventurous,

Funny,

And still refusing to change who she is to please others.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

  1. Waited till I had time and a big screen to look at these georgeous pictures! Love them all. Please come home and take pictures of my family before they leave the states! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is so touching and my, how she has grown!!!! She is beautiful!! And, she looks so much like you!!!! It was nice talking to you earlier!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment