Of Brides and Blooms

Plants are thriving in this warm English summer. In fact, I’d gotten so used to walking past blooming gardens that I started to take them a tad for granted.

Some scenes are too special to hurry past without stopping a moment to appreciate them, though.
It’s like seeing a bride on her wedding day: even if she’s a stranger, you know you’re witnessing a beautiful moment in this woman’s life and you can’t help but smile, wish her well, and feel lucky for having seen her.











I may be married to the United States of America, but I’m having a bit of a love affair with England right now. Even the petals on the ground beg you for affection.




I won’t be saying vows in this country any time soon, but I know I’m witnessing a beautiful moment in my own life, too.




Comments

Post a Comment