Bubbles

Recently some close friends of ours came to the UK and we all went to Belgium together. 
After a few days in Bruges, possibly the prettiest little city I've seen in Europe, JD took the kids on home via the Eurostar from Belgium, and I joined our friends for a couple days in Paris!  

I love seeing new places with the kids, but it was exciting to have a couple days as just "Cayce."

As soon as we finished checking in to our hotel on a happy little side street off the Rue De Cler, we headed straight for the Eiffel Tower. 

We made it to the top just in time for sunset, which is late at well after 9:00.


It stayed light outside for another hour, and the area was buzzing with people on the beautiful and warm June day. 


Like a musician with an instrument, a man was using his wand to create large clouds of bubbles in hopes people would show their appreciation with tips.



I'm not a little kid anymore so I didn't chase the bubbles and pop them.  Instead I crouched down, put the tower in view, and let the bubbles come to me.


The photos with the bubbles were some of my favorite of the trip!


We had a great time in Paris but I was anxious to see my family's faces when I got home.
My kids are still at that age where they're excited to see you get home, but I'm with them all the time so I rarely get that greeting.

When I walked through the front door, all I had to do was open my arms and those happy little bubbles of joy came straight for me again.


When I left Paris I might have left the "City of Light" behind, but what awaited me at home was so much brighter.

Comments