I Found My Golden Ticket

It is currently 20 degrees outside. TWENTY!

I've never been so happy to say that in my entire life.  Twenty degrees Celsius is 68 degrees Fahrenheit, for my American friends. 

The sky is BLUE.
Windows are open, birds are chirping, and I feel like Julie Andrews spinning in a green Alpine valley.


Except if I started spinning with arms open I'd knock a kid or two off the sidewalk and into oncoming traffic, so my version just looks like me smiling at strangers.


Smiling is just as risky, though, because most Brits seem to enjoy actively denying anyone in public exists except themselves.  (British friends, I love ya, but you know it's true.)
The times I've made eye contact, said "Good Morning," or heaven forbid, asked someone a question, they practically threw their hands in the air out of fear of attack.
Or they looked like a sister whose brother dared put his arm around her for a photo.


This weather pushes me to embrace my "loud American" stereotype and just own it already.
It's not a Jeep, but the upbeat vibes of Arrested Development are flowing out the windows of my ugly (now dented) Ford, and I am straight up wearing sunglasses.  Sunglasses!

Me in my Jeep having a beautiful hair moment.  
See? You can wear mom cardigans and still be fun!  (Oh man, I have on a white top and red sweater today, too! No seriously -- I might need a fashion intervention.)

Last December I honestly forgot the invention of sunglasses existed.  We had an unseasonably sunny 20 minutes and, as I was fiddling with the car sun visor trying to stop squinting, I thought to myself
"There should really be something I could put in front of my face that helps with this... so no matter where I turn my head, the sun stays out of my eyes.   LORD HAVE MERCY, I HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT SUNGLASSES ARE!"

Then I remembered that the RayBans that have miraculously not been lost or crushed in 5 years were collecting dust in the center console.
When Charlie Buckle found the Golden Ticket, he was maybe as excited as I was to find those scratched sunglasses.

Y'all... it was a long Winter.  There were many good times had but also nearly 10 pounds added in the last 4 months.  Comfort food is called that for a reason.

But today the sun is out, flowers are blooming, and kids aren't complaining about drowning under layers of Winter wear.


I'd type more but I'm off to terrify some Europeans with my pearly whites. 
Luckily for them, though, I doubt I will break out in song like Julie.

But they should still be on guard -- I just might go crazy and pay someone a compliment.

Comments