DEEDS NOT WORDS

The last few weeks have been packed full of fun stuff around our house!
We took a day trip to the Historic Dockyards at Chatham, a former naval base where ships were built. 
That experience could be a whole post of its own, but I will just mention that the best part was being about to tour a WW2-era cruiser, a frigate used to protect fertilizer interests in South America (ha!), and a Cold War-era submarine.  

Our favorite was the sub!  It was really tight in those quarters.
Actually, K's favorite was the HMS Gannett, a frigate built in 1878.

Notice "DEEDS NOT WORDS" carved above the wheel for all the crew to see?
I respect "DEEDS NOT WORDS" as a mantra and it is why I haven't blogged in a while.
My sister arrived early last week and we've really enjoyed having her here.  We have planned fun trips in the UK and beyond for nearly every weekend!


It's also just nice to spend quality time with my sister who was only 15 when I got married.

She's an interesting person and more than just my little sister.

I hope to soon figure out a balance with writing and doing.
Until then, just know that if I'm quieter than usual, it's because my DEEDS are taking more importance than my WORDS.

Comments

Post a Comment