The Groove

We're finally getting into a groove around here. 

The kids' lunches are packed before bed.

I zip in and out of school zones like it's no big deal.

And we even have a babysitter we trust so we can have the occasional date night.

Grace and I hanging in the car before picking up K


I still haven't found a halfway decent Mexican restaurant, but England feels like home.

They say that "home is where your heart is", but they forget to include the word "happy" at the end.

I wouldn't feel so settled if JD and the children weren't thriving.


Sure, the time difference is a bit well, sucky, but we've found that it doesn't separate us from the people that are really willing to work with us to keep in touch.


Are "prawn cocktail" crisps (potato chips) nasty?  You bet! 

And-- brace yourselves-- I'm actually tired of chocolate.

Cadbury's has varieties that are EVERYWHERE.  "Is the corner market out of bread? Sure! But it has chocolate!"


And then there are the chocolate spreads.

And pastries.

It's just too much!

I do have ice cream at night pretty regularly, but that's different. :)

We are exploring, learning, making new friends, and planning trips (I'm looking at you, Christmas Market in Lille, France!).


View of the Tower Bridge from the South Bank


Most of all we are so extremely thankful that we had the opportunity and courage to make this big move for our family.

Climbing a sculpture near St. Catherine's Docks


Yes, we are loving our European adventure.

But I will straight up bathe myself in real Mexican queso dip the next time I am in America.

Comments

  1. Tired of chocolate, no way!! Lol!!!! Hey, will you text me your email address since I can't text you? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment