Smile Sources

Here in Tunbridge Wells, around every corner you can find something quaint or beautiful to make you smile.

Flowers seeming to grow out of the brick of old cottages on cobblestone lanes;


Stained glass windows inside a kitchen store;


Even the ivy and flower-filled alley ways are like something from a storybook.


Yesterday K came along with me to run errands and pick out fresh flowers.  While out, we stumbled upon a sweet shoppe like something straight out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.


I had discreetly taken a couple iPhone photos when I was angrily told that photography was not allowed.  
In America the shopkeeper might've said "Be sure and tag us on Facebook!" instead of "No photos are allowed!  We're a sweet shoppe-- why are you doing that?!"

I apologized and quickly left.
(On my way out, I looked for a sign on the door stating "No Photography" and did not see one, by the way.)


 If only she knew what a sweet tooth I have...


But it's okay, I had plenty of sweetness right at my side.


Just as we finished our tasks, it started raining.  We went to a store and bought umbrellas-- a necessity we needed to buy in Great Britain anyway-- and started the walk back.
By the time we got close to our house, it was really coming down.


K and her adventurous spirit just giggled the whole time. We sloshed and laughed our way home.


You know, the UK is offering a lot to smile at, but my American-made beauties are still what bring me the most joy.


Comments

  1. Love the awesome umbrella. Sweet pictures. Always love reading this blog. First thing I look for every morning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Putting together a post often helps me gain perspective on our experiences. I know one day I will be glad I took the time to document our early days here, as well. Miss and love you, alesia!

      Delete
    2. Love reading these posts!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment