830 Kilos


"I'm in an IKEA-induced Hell."

~JD

On Thursday evening IKEA delivered 830 kilos (over 1800 pounds) of furniture parts to our home. Thirty eight -- 38!-- boxes full of particle board and hardware promised to be hours of fun.

After an inaugural day of assemblage, we woke up today with an assembled bed, dresser, bathroom storage tower, couch, and two arm chairs.

Day 2 of The Great IKEA Invasion resulted in 3 large wardrobes: 2 for the big kids' room and one for ours-- for ME! No more clothes on the floor and in the tub!

Behold the particle board storage beauties:


In addition to building the big white beasts, he also insisted that I go out and have some time to myself for a while during Grace's nap.

Husband of the Year, right here!



Back in the States I went ahead and joined the local mums facebook group. Since I was going to be out and childless, I decided to reach out and see if anyone wanted to meet for an impromptu coffee. 

No one was able to meet in the tight window I mentioned but I was overwhelmed at the response to my inquiry.  I had at least 2 dozen people reach out personally to welcome us to the area, offer support, tell me about themselves and their family, and suggest meeting up for play at the park, coffee, lunch, etc.  A couple were even Americans!
I look forward to getting to know some locals and the kids finding some friends.  

And, thanks to JD, if we have people over we won't even have clothes in tubs anymore!


Comments

Post a Comment